View Single Post
Old 08-12-2018, 03:26 AM   #1717
Geoff Waddington
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by airon View Post
Just gave this a quick run.

Documentation should include information on the current state of the configuration dialogue that you reach via the Reaper Prefs/Control/, which appears not to work all that much for changing things. All changes appear to be made in the CSI.ini and the relevant config files.

It took me about 30 minutes to get things going for both the MCU as a main fader box and the MCU as a send control.

I found the "select next page" from the page list defined in the CSI.ini by skimming across the MCU.axt file. This has to be in the documentation as an example. There's no action, there's just a definition in the AXT file.

F1 NextPage

A list of commands, documented is helpful too. Perhaps one of us knows of a good tool to keep documentation like that in a nice editable state where useful PDF files can be produced with the click of a button. For now, the examples are a nice read, but basic procedures for someone who has never seen this stuff, are a requirement to get more testing and usability testing. I almost gave up(for today).

The MCU faders, using MCU.axt and MCU.rst, do not play back automation, even though I see stuff being thrown at it in the midi monitor. Same for send levels. The faders jump back to the previous value after a few seconds. Not usable. Did I miss something ?

The send page has the same problem. The faders just jump back to values which I presume are defined by the static Read/Trim volume level, and not the current volume envelope.

I sure hope I missed something.
Thanks for having a look !

Your points are well taken, the documentation is very thin right now.

Yes, automation is quite broken right now.

The software is still at a pre alpha stage, but I would say close to alpha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by airon View Post
I can contribute on the documentation level. I have some experience in that regard, having written the first manual for Audacity a long damn time ago, as well as that for the Monkey's Audio application.
Thanks for the kind offer !

When can you start ?
Geoff Waddington is offline   Reply With Quote