View Single Post
Old 11-21-2016, 01:20 PM   #207
thunderbroom
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by karbomusic View Post
Unless the MP3 was re-encoded or hosted where such occurs as part of the transfer, there should be no difference. My expectation/hope was that if we nailed the LUFs properly (which I did: 14.2 LUFS/0.5 peak) there would be no need to "re-MP3" an existing MP3. I'm not a conversion snob at all, but I do shy away from re-encoding MP3s just as a general IMHO/YMMV aside.

For awareness, I have not listened to the voting mixes yet so I can't say if mine changed or not.

EDIT: OK, I compared mine to what I uploaded, I can't get them aligned enough to try to null but regardless, swapping between the two, I'm not hearing enough differences for it to change how people would vote for it IMHO.
Fair enough. It might just be my overly sensitive ears, and ridiculously anal-retentive standards I set for myself that made me offer this comment. Overall, though, I was happy to hear such truly different mixes coming from the same audio files. Really cool - looking forward to hearing your feedback once you've had a chance to listen.
thunderbroom is offline   Reply With Quote