View Single Post
Old 03-07-2019, 04:59 AM   #9
iskander9
Human being with feelings

Hey everyone!
Just got my XT1, thought I would share my experience with you guys!

(this is a copy of the same message from "General discussions", to moderators - please let me know if it's not good or just delete one of them)

I instantly updated the firmware to 1.07, hooked it up to Win x64, Reaper latest version. And what can I say - it is working pretty fine in "MC Std" Mode, in Reaper I chose "Mackie Control Universal". With Klinke it was not that good. In "Reaper" mode it requires me to manually change banks while in "MC Std" mode it changes the banks automatically! When you select a track which is out of the current bank, the small screen below the encoder reads for a moment "Select bank" and then goes correctly and fast to the selected track on its own! The only thing which is not quite handy is that the first 2 digits marked "Assignment" show the number of the first track of the current bank and not of the current track. But the small screen correctly displays the track title or the track number if its title is empty.
Also the channel change buttons of the XT1 don't actually work in this mode since they only select the neighboring tracks which is a bit different to track change. But choosing tracks with a mouce is ok, the XT1 follows it.

Got a couple of questions:
1. Is there a way in this mode to program the function buttons? Or am I limited to only basic functions and can't program, say, "save" and "undo" buttons, as well as automation mode change?
2. Installed the CSI but didn't in fact understand how it works. The supplied pdf doesn't go into details. Is it the best way to customize the XT1 and how can it be done?

Actually it's been already said lots of times, but anyway I'm wondering why, for example, Alphatrack manufacturer was able to provide the firmware that allowed to seamlessly follow the track change (and even work with vst plugins, go through their settings and adjust them using the controller encoders) while Behringer is so slow with that?
The only thing that I didn't like in Alphatrack were the transport and other buttons which are quite hard to push, you really need to use some force to make it react which often gets quite annoying, unlike XT1 - the feel of buttons and the way they push is amazing! Otherwise Alphatrack is a very good piece of hardware with a big long screen that is able to show long track names!
If only XT1 could use both lines of the small screen to show the long track names (or they could make the letters a bit smaller to fit more letters) and of course if they finally fixed this track change issue then it would make the XT1 another very good helper for us musicians, composers, producers etc.
(Oh, and an on/off switch would also be a nice improvement!)

Last edited by iskander9; 03-07-2019 at 06:05 AM.
iskander9 is offline   Reply With Quote