View Single Post
Old 08-13-2011, 02:54 AM   #2
technogremlin
Human being with feelings

channel-strip mode

The US-2400 has a great channels-trip mode. With this button (chan, just above the pan button), you switch the pan-rotaries for aal 24 channels to emulate one big channel-strip. You can now map (through MIDI-learn in Reaper) those controls to anything you want to do on a selected channel. For example, I have a ReaEQ loaded by default on each channel, that is mapped to the specific rotaries that are labeled for EQ. I've made channel templates that have ReaEQ by default mapped to the controls, so simply loading a channel gives me channel-strip control from the US-2400.

Setup:

The channel-strip is sending its control data on the fifth USB-channel for the Tascam.

- In Reaper, go to the MIDI setup in config.
- Select the Tascam's fifth USB-channel and set it to: Enabled + Control.

That's it, you can now map the rotaries to anything in Reaper with MIDI-learn, when the US-2400 is set in channel mode.

VU-meter bridge mode:

You can switch the US-2400 rotary read-outs into VU-meter mode with one of the buttons in the master section of the controller.

Function buttons:

There are six buttons that are numbered 1-6. Those can be used as function buttons that can be mapped in Reaper. I have a button setup to toggle loop-mode, and another one to toggle the metronome.

Last edited by technogremlin; 03-05-2015 at 03:01 AM.
technogremlin is offline   Reply With Quote