View Single Post
Old 09-25-2019, 08:19 AM   #8
earhax
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxAsteria View Post
Well if this is about mixing down short sections, just create regions where you want your renders and use the region matrix to add them all to the render queue. I thought you wanted recordings to be the length of the time selection, which is what the prefs are for.

To get a recording to stop at a certain time you can use custom actions with the "wait for end of loop" action or smart markers or you can just run renders from the queue one at a time or all at once.
Yeah, the main reason I am trying to do it this way is because when using the 'render' option for the items I am trying to bounce, for some reason, they all end up being -6dB quieter than they are in the project. When I record to a print track, they record properly/not attenuated.

Just to give a bit more info, what I need to do here is bounce out mono stems for each channel of 5.1 and quad mixes. So I have exploded the multichannel takes onto separate tracks, and hard panned and routed each channel to the appropriate output. It all sounds fine through the track folder containing the exploded channels for these items. But when I use the 'render to file' option for items, and regardless of if I tick the box for 'mono media to mono files' they all are rendered -6dB quieter than the items actually are in the tracks.

if anyone has any idea why this happens or how to fix it, please let me know. It would definitely be much easier/faster to just use the render options for all of these items.
earhax is offline   Reply With Quote