Thread: Dolby Atmos?
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2020, 03:22 AM   #19
matnoir
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by plush2 View Post
Thanks for putting this all together matnoir. The work is appreciated by those of us wanting to keep up with these changes. The netflix opensource material is a particularly useful resource I was not aware of. It's a shame the production suite is Mac only which precludes me from testing it.

This may be a bit off topic but you might have an answer. How do ADM and Atmos deliverables intersect (if at all)? Does Atmos deliver as an ADM as an option? I notice that a number of the above mentioned Netflix resources have ADM BWF deliverables and have been watching that toolkit develop for a while.

Thanks again for posting.
The Windows version will eventually be available. The high end version of the app, the Dolby Mastering Suite, runs fine on windows. They actually face problems for developing the ASIO version of the virtual device needed to link a DAW to the Dolby renderer.

When you record your final mix inside the renderer, it saves all information (audio + object metadata) in a .atmos file along with some xml files.

From then on, the renderer will allow you to export to any format, including ADM. For instance, if you publish music through Avid Play, they will allow the upload for ADM for Tidal and Amazon Music which are the two platforms able to stream Atmos encoded files at present time.

Have a nice week-end,
p@T
matnoir is offline   Reply With Quote