View Single Post
Old 05-25-2020, 01:43 PM   #25
Joe90
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferropop View Post
SUPER important. People want to select stuff, and hit Duplicate Area x times. This should very importantly work in conjunction with Trim Content Behind Media Items When Editing, as often you just want to drag in some stuff, Select Area, and hit duplicate a bunch of times and have it just overtake the stuff it's pasting over rather than creating a mess of layers/crossfades etc. The area should simply replace what it's overlapping when duplicating in that mode.
Yes. I don't think you should even need 'trim content...' on at all. It should just replace the entire area with whatever you've just pasted/duplicated in that spot. This is how copying is currently working in this implementation, which I'd say is the correct way to do, and duplication should work the same way. Anything under the new area gets obliterated and replaced with whatever was in the original, copied area, including blank spaces.

I'd also LOVE to see some rudimentary envelope editing tools based on the area selection, just some little handles so we can grab, compress/stretch, fade etc... but I know it's still early days... just throwing it out there.

A way of changing the shortcuts for drag copy would be great too.

Thanks!
Joe90 is offline   Reply With Quote