View Single Post
Old 04-10-2020, 12:19 PM   #119
dbrozz
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by brummbear View Post
Hmmm, that is pretty annoying indeed - sorry to hear that you have this problem.

Two ideas:
1) Maybe there is a similar issue that Opcode 7 encountered on his Windows PC (see posts above). It could be resolved by using NI's uninstall tool "NI Uninstall RegTool_64bit.exe" before re-installing KK (and with it NIHIA). Don't ask me why such a tool would exist in the first place... but apparently NI has seen the need for it.
You may also want to check the Windows Event Viewer -> Windows Log. If you find errors coming from NIHostIntegration Agent that is another indication that the installation is not clean. The NI forum is full of people complaining about NIHIA issues (resulting in the DAW integration not working). The advice seems to be always to uninstall and then re-install. Another advice is to try a different USB port on your computer.

2) Is there anything running on your PC (maybe in the background) that would talk to NIHIA, e.g. send or receive MIDI data to/from “Komplete Kontrol DAW - 1”?
So for 1) I tried the NI Uninstall RegTool and uninstalled NIHIA, Komplete Kontrol like Opcode 7 recommended. No luck. Reinstalled them and still same scenario. Nothing pops up in the Event Viewer as an error on NIHIA's part.

2) Not that I am aware of. I cant think of what would be interfering.

I do think it's just that for whatever reason, NIHIA jumps on first before ReaKontrol can get it's hold on the keyboard.. A bit frustrated but at least it works when I restart NIHIA
dbrozz is offline   Reply With Quote