View Single Post
Old 12-30-2019, 12:13 PM   #1
clepsydrae
Human being with feelings

Default proportional transition times for automatically created envelope points?

Hi -- I have a mouse modifier set for left drag on an envelope segment. When a time selection is present, it automatically makes four points so the region within the segment is dragged.

The setting Prefs->Editing Behavior->Envelope Display->"Transition time for automatically created envelope edge points" adds a transition, which is great.

I'm wondering if there is any way (via a plugin, SWS, or maybe this is a FR) to make this transitional time proportional to the size of the time selection. E.g. set the transition to X% of the time selection length.

The motivation is that for e.g. a 5 minute time selection, I'd like a 15 second transition, for 30 seconds a 1.5 second transition, for 3 seconds, a 150ms transition, for .5 seconds a 2.5ms transition, etc, so I can just set it to 5% and be done.

The existing "one size fits all" is sufficient for avoiding clicks, but not for auto-creating natural fades that are appropriate for the size of the time selection made.

Any thoughts? Thanks!
clepsydrae is offline   Reply With Quote