View Single Post
Old 05-11-2019, 06:33 PM   #81
sai'ke
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by heda View Post
Very nice Tight Compressor. I don't mind the sliders. It could have its own thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgemeal View Post
Tried 'Saike Tight Compressor' on bass guitar track, very impressive! Also like meters/graphs that display whats happening, very nice. Keep up the good work!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinkmusic View Post
I tried the Tight Compressor, and enjoyed it a lot on some drum tracks : thank you so much for your plugins !
I also like the very clever way to use JS graphic features
Thanks peeps, I appreciate it. I hope it's useful
Sidechain is in the pipeline.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonE View Post
What about a new type of spectral analyzer, specialized for human voice in the range 32..4096 Hz?
See explanation with images: https://github.com/michaelsjackson/r...orums/issues/2
You can zoom into a range with the spectral analyzer in the repo (drag outer mouse button). I don't really feel like adding another.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliseat View Post
Lovely.
Only thing I found so far is that some changes create crackles. Have to take a closer look.
Many thanks, Sai'ke. (๑•̀ㅂ•́)و✧ Yeah!
It should only happen when either switching wah type or oversampling level. But I should probably suppress that. Maybe mute the audio out for the first few milliseconds like I do in Filther when these guys are selected. Especially the crybaby takes a long time to get to "steady state"

So uh, today I pushed a big update for Squashman. Sadly, I was forced to remap the sliders to make room for the next steps.

Here's the changelog:
+ Made RMB on node exclusive solo.
+ Shift + RMB on node is added solo.
+ Added Chebychev shapers.
+ Added Hill Shaper.
+ Added King of Tone.
+ Added shape mod interpolation.
+ Added oversampling for antialiasing (costly, don't go nuts on it!).
+ Added antagonistic gain slide when holding shift and sliding drive (this keeps volume roughly const while not saturating).
+ Optimized crossover updates (only update when frequencies or oversampling changes).
+ Improved graphics slightly
+ Bugfix for last band
+ Remapped sliders to free up some sliders
+ Added hints
+ Added small meters that indicate how much the waveshaper is squashing or expanding the signal
+ Added gain sliders on the spectrum

I'm not 100% sure yet whether I will end up putting a compressor on each band. I'm running out of sliders and screen space _fast_. I might be able to add them non-automateable, but the itch for adding other "creative" effects is there too. Next up will likely be the mod and drive automation via LFO / envelope though.

And a little teaser, the test sound is kinda awful, but LFOs are up next