View Single Post
Old 01-02-2018, 10:03 PM   #268
osxmidi
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Winter View Post
Good job!

I can report the following:

1. With latest version from your git repo, resize of the fabfilter gui works fine.

2. With the winecfg option "Allow the window manager to control the windows" unchecked, I can indeed input numerical values, has the unfortunate side effect of making reaper unresponsive when close a plugin window, in the console output is see the following:

X Error of failed request: BadWindow (invalid Window parameter)
Major opcode of failed request: 3 (X_GetWindowAttributes)
Resource id in failed request: 0x7400003
Serial number of failed request: 163
Current serial number in output stream: 164

System is Archlinux+KDE so the windowmanager is kwin, going to see about installing a few others to test with.

3. Modifier+click in pro-q2 still seems inconsistent no matter how "Allow the window manager to control the windows" is set.

Congrats on getting the resizing of embedded windows working! If I come across more windows vsts that can resize the gui, I'll test and let you know. The cleanup of the makefiles is much appreciated too, looks much cleaner now.
Seems like the window manager is preventing keyboard input working with wine.

When I turn "Allow the window manager to control the windows" off it can make things unstable for the embedded version, so I don't think it's much of a solution to anything.

The standaone window might have different keyboard focus to the embedded window, so modifiers work in different ways.

Turning off "Allow the window manager to control the windows" is ok with the standalone version and the modifiers work as well.

The embedded version has Reaper's gtk and child windows and the window manager and wine all in the mix and therefore more things to possibly go wrong.

The standalone version stands apart from Reaper's gui so it's much simpler.

Last edited by osxmidi; 01-03-2018 at 12:03 AM.
osxmidi is offline   Reply With Quote