View Single Post
Old 02-18-2012, 03:42 PM   #3
Banned
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by strinxx View Post
Now this sounds interesting!
Does this mean this is going to work for ANY Midi-Controller, like Steinberg Houston, CM-Labs Motormix... and such?
Yes. (In fact, those all sound like 'fancy', expansive ones that also support protocols other than plain old MIDI, while this should already work just fine for the oldest, simplest, cheapest MIDI gear you can find. )
Quote:
That'd be totally cool and would make a few boys and girls out there pretty happy, I guess...

Where would I find some more Information about OSC, and how this stuff works in general
There have been some links and tidbits posted in the OSC FR/bug thread and in the pre-release threads since v4.16pre16, but other than the OSC website, I'd just use Google, Wikipedia etc., there's plenty of great info out there.

For the OSC implementation specific to REAPER, you can study the default OSC config file ("default.ReaperOsc"). It shows plenty of interesting things REAPER can do; my example *only* uses one particular example. By changing the type of messages in the config file and the Pd patch, one can for example make the controllers target the currently focused effect instead.
Quote:
Thanks so much for this!
You're welcome. The real important work here was done by schwa though, adding OSC support for control surfaces in REAPER.

And hopefully we will also get similar support for plain old MIDI one day, so that we do not need silly workarounds such as this one anymore.

Last edited by Banned; 02-18-2012 at 04:04 PM. Reason: added info re: default.ReaperOsc
Banned is offline   Reply With Quote