View Single Post
Old 02-16-2020, 07:10 PM   #6646
Funkybot
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMonkey View Post
I think the 8 fader mode might be the best bet. I was thinking about it earlier and it occurred to me that if you went with the 8 fader setup, you would gain access to the FXMenu and Sends as they would appear on a regular MCU.

I've found the FXMenu method to be more reliable/predicatable than the FocusedFX method and the Sends mode just lays Sends 1-8 across the faders. The FXSlot/Send you want could be accessed by using the channel L/R keys in the same way as you would access different tracks.

As the X-Touch One has a display you should be able to discern which mode you're in at any given moment, because you should see either a track name, FX name or Send name.
I actually tried to play around with the FXMenu, and it was a no go. Here's my understanding of how it works:

1. I have 4 inserts on the selected track
2. I map a button to open the FX Menu
3. Those 4 FX names appear in displays 1-4
4. I RotaryPush the corresponding FX Name to open the plugin...

...is that right? If yes, that doesn't work on single fader surfaces. Why? There isn't 8 displays to show 8 FX slots on. There's only 1 display. And more often than not, the unit will not [internally] be set to MCU channel1 anyway, so if I'm on Fader/Channel7 on the X-Touch One, and I hit the FX Menu button, all I'll see is FX Slot7, which is probably blank.

For FXMenu to work on a one fader surface it would need to work like this:

1. Let's say I have 6 inserts on the selected track
2. I press the FX Menu button
3. The display shows the FX Name for slot 1 on the current track
4. I use the Rotary encoder or Fader to navigate from slot to slot
5. When I find the one I want, I use RotaryPush or some other button to open the plugin

Is that possible? All with one fader/rotary/display (which may not be for MCU Channel1)?
Funkybot is offline   Reply With Quote