View Single Post
Old 12-15-2019, 05:49 AM   #4
BirdBird
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe90 View Post
Yes, agree with all of these. Regarding the midi notes snapping to 'invisible' grid lines, this is related to midi items having their own midi tick, separate from the main grid. It causes all kinds of issues, including tiny midi notes on edits that can trigger a note on but are invisible in the midi editor (!), slightly off grid item lengths that can't be detected until zoomed in very far and cause problems when duplicating, and problems with articulation triggers. It's currently being discussed over here - https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=228591
Thanks! The problem I stated about invisible grid lines was about grid snapping not following grid visibility in the MIDI Editor mainly. But now that I think what you were mentioning is also a part of the same issue. (the issue being what you see is not what you get, or rather, in your example what you see is what you get when zoomed in real close, but not when you are at a sane zoom level, and it breaks functionality)

What you have mentioned does explain some other problems I had with duplicating notes in the MIDI Editor, where a note would sometimes go off grid for seemingly no reason when using certain actions even though it shouldn't. Nasty!

Last edited by BirdBird; 12-15-2019 at 06:02 AM.
BirdBird is offline   Reply With Quote