View Single Post
Old 02-20-2020, 09:10 AM   #14
akademie
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamsehopp View Post
Of course it does if i open the same project! But if i make a fresh new project and open a plugin on a new track it will be in the default preset state. So i find myself always having to tweak the plugins in the same manner to get them the way i want. And i could keep saving new default presets for all my plugins but it would suit my workflow better if there was a way to say ”when adding a new plugin, dont just use the default preset but rather the last state it was in regardless of which project you had it open in”. Maybe im alone in wanting such a feature so i wouldn’t be surprised if it doesn’t exist haha.

Regarding analog synths yes i mean hardware since their buttons and dials always stay the same even if i open up a new project or switch to a new tape reel, each time i turn my minimoog on it will sound exactly like last night when working on a totally different project.
I think you just said it right:
It is not duty of Reel-to-Reel or DAW to manage your moog knobs or VST(i) settings. It is duty of the particular synth or plugin to offer "that" state ...

And as already has been said, if you are satisfied with your plugin settings so much and you think that this is the solid state you want have everytime and anytime, then you just click on "Save as default" for that plugin. Easy. This is a favor that Reaper offers for you
akademie is offline   Reply With Quote