View Single Post
Old 07-13-2019, 04:04 AM   #13
netphreak
Human being with feelings

I know it's not a database, but nonetheless I find it peculiar there's no way of asking "what's your value" WITHOUT altering the actual value first...

Unless I have misunderstood completely here, the ONLY way to get values without altering anything is by sending /action/41743. The ONLY way to limit the overwhelming response is adjusting the *.ReaperOSC file.

Because of my (and I'm sure I'm not alone) lack of knowledge and the rather sparse OSC/Reaper documentation the progress of creating a well functional ReaperOSC is a time consuming and frustrating progress in the dark. When you have a ReaperOSC working close to what you could hope for, the work on filtering the results on client side (low powered micro controller like Arduino maybe?) remains.

Gerrit - you have proved there's no NEED to query a single value over OSC. But it's a long and steep road for most of us to get there. Few will succeed. If one COULD query single values, many would be able to make great hardware boxes for controlling Reaper the way they wish.
netphreak is offline   Reply With Quote