View Single Post
Old 10-28-2011, 07:11 PM   #2096
yep
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sound asleep View Post
...i mean, what sorts of reverbs do people use for this sort of guitar, or that sort of guitar, and i don't mean brand of plugins. i mean settings within them...
In all seriousness, if you go back to the "useful" part of this thread, or at least to the part that I had anything meaningful to contribute to, the point of it was never to tell you what reverb setting to use for guitar, or anything like that.

To re-phrase the questions in your post, the point was not "how to make a starter violin sound like a Stradivarius", it was "how to make a recording of a violin sound as good as it actually sounds", with a dose of "how to then flatter that sound or sit it favorably in a mix of other sounds."

The thread title is "Why do your recordings sound like ass?" not "Why does your music sound like ass?".

I absolutely recognize why a great many people care just as much about the former answer as the latter, but an audio-recording software forum is not the place to explore that question.

This started out as a "how to get your recordings to sound as good as your live performances" discussion, but has increasingly turned into a "whether you need this or that magic box or setting to sound good" thing. I personally think that kind of discussion is a waste of time. I don't object to it, if people are contributing meaningful and substantive input, but I have yet to see such a discussion provide meaning and substance, much less better music.
yep is offline   Reply With Quote