View Single Post
Old 01-12-2011, 12:26 PM   #367
Human being with feelings

Brice, needless to say I am here in this thread because your works always inspire me... That was the first moment when you captured my soul. I like minimalist art too, but I like to think minimalism is good for colors part too. When our job is to work as fast as possible we must simplify and minimalism is the extra choice for this part. Think Ableton Live. Rainbow colors to simplify? I don't think so. Super thin lines between tracks, especially when tracks are full of commands buttons, faders etc? I'm afraid not. So, maybe flat is not wrong to be a great theme for Reaper, but I can't say like many guys here that Octave is shining as it is right now, because looks to busy in my eyes. Almost like a table full of square and every square has a different color. Still, there is something in Octave I like and that is why I create my mock-up, to see if I can go in a more "commercial-conventional" direction. In fact, I have no merit I'm not creating anything, I took your work and modified, most, smoothing surface here and there and then change some color. I don't now if this is "nice" or "not my taste, go away Devil"... What is sure for me is that I can work much faster when I respect some conventions. After I'm fixing my rules and I accept them I began to distort my reality in that respect, with care not to jump into the wild where unknown language live. That is why something classic live forever and something weird is good just for a handful of people at some moments.
I reply these lines to all of those people that aren't realize yet the need for a fast-clean-interface. Pro tools, Logic deliver aspects like these since Roman Empire...
If I understand well, Brice is telling us that the future is promising for creating great themes. My mission is over now, with such a statement. Thank you Brice for your time and your work. Much Respect!
Avatar44 is offline   Reply With Quote