View Single Post
Old 12-04-2010, 09:01 AM   #49
Broman
Human being with feelings

For the MCP folder business, I'm definitely no graphic designer but maybe something like this would help visually?

Maybe you could even add a touch of extra spacing (1-2 pixels) around the entire folder structure to visually separate it from the other tracks.

For multiply nested folders I imagine you'd have to add more "head padding" upward, or think of a more elegant solution. But the way it is now makes things very confusing to the eye when you have nested folders anyhow, since you have nothing really jumping out at you saying "this is a container, it contains these things, which contain these things..."

I actually think the folder icons on the MCP are fine, and possibly superior to the ones on the TCP (I think visual indication of what the button does is ok and preferable to trying to find some other functional or positional way of implying its duty, mainly because it's more immediate).

I hope this doesn't come off as just a feature request, but I'm not sure how to comment on the current look without suggesting a new one.

Now open for criticism!