View Single Post
Old 08-04-2016, 11:28 AM   #27
helgoboss
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by DruMunkey View Post
** Do you see any issues or performance hits if I just add this as a default input FX? In other words, if I have 100 instances of this, do you think it's gonna cause problems?
I didn't try with that many instances but it should work. At least I programmed it with performance in mind. If you have super many ReaLearn GUIs open it could affect UI performance - but why should someone do that.

Quote:
I think I've found an issue...

My controller is an APC40 MkI
I have it set up as midi in, but NOT a controller in Reaper's MIDI settings.
However, I have a dedicated "input" track where the APC is the input device, in the FX chain I do a metric crap ton of remappings, etc., then use MidiToReaControlPath at end of chain to send all the CC's out into Reaper Control Land

This works 100% fine for learning using reaper's built in learn, but it doesn't seem to work with ReaLearn. If I have reaLearn on another track (input FX or regular FX) it doesn't pick up any knob twiddling... However, if I explicitly have the APC as an input on the track ReaLearn is on, it works...

So why is ReaLearn not picking up the control signals from another track even though I have verified that the APC is sending control messages?
This is by design. ReaLearn totally ignores REAPER's control path. It only picks up normal track MIDI messages.

Quote:
Track volume also seems to have a weirdly non-linear behavior. I map a knob in relative mode, and when the volume slider is around 0dB, it's linear, but below like -20 dB, it makes really big jumps...
This is a known issue and it's fixed in beta4, which I'm going to release later today.

Quote:
FR's:
  • Please get rid of all that white space between the mappings in the list.
Yeah that annoys me as well. I have to work on that (issue #20).

Quote:
FR's:
  • If possible, make the VST window resizable so you can see more. I've got 64 mappings and scrolling through them as-is is kind of painful.
  • Make it possible to sort mappings based on source or destination.
I'll do that at some point. I'm not 100% satisfied with the mapping overview window right now anyway.

Quote:
FR's:
  • Build in more powerful mapping/translations. Kind of like Hubi's Midi CC Map.. The ability to have response curves etc within this plugin would be killer.
Glad you're asking, I'm actually working on something like that Not as fancy as drawing curves but powerful ...

Quote:
Bummer... I just tried reloading a project that had reLearn on it... Crashes Reaper on load. Verified 100%. Event Viewer points out it's ReaLearn...

Faulting application name: reaper.exe, version: 5.2.1.1, time stamp: 0x57675257
Faulting module name: ReaLearn.dll, version: 1.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x577965b9
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000000000011916a
Faulting process id: 0x1718
Faulting application start time: 0x01d1e4408d970056
Faulting application path: D:\Programs\Reaper\reaper.exe
Faulting module path: D:\VSTs\Utility\ReaLearn\ReaLearn.dll
Report Id: c5aa8fd1-969a-4cc0-a5f6-04dfe19bb4d3
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID

Damn...
Can you please send me the project file?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowellben View Post
Don't know that software but after reading the summary, I think it goes a little in that direction (especially with the upcoming response curve stuff) but integrated into REAPER and without the fancy GUI stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by albatteur View Post
Hi,

I installed the bêta 3 version and I can't find the vst on Reaper. Not in my vst folder. I found it everywhere on the Mac but there is nothing.

OSX Yosemite.
Should be in /Users/<USER>/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST/ReaLearn.vst
helgoboss is offline   Reply With Quote