View Single Post
Old 11-20-2018, 10:22 AM   #5
s wave
Human being with feelings

Default Agreed linux is ready...

There are always options. I have long been done with proprietary type OSs. Its a choice. Some people have the money to pay for total out-of-the-box working systems. Some people like to forge forward and create new and exciting things as well as out of necessity. I would love to have a great spectral wave graphic audio editor; but I don't. Not having that has allowed me to find, pursue and create many sounds and songs that I wouldn't have had otherwise. To me success is seeing the exchange. I just can not stand when there is an internal problem within windows with no work around. I feel very comfortable knowing that having a few nice plugins is worth it in exchange of other headaches brought with bloated OSs. If I need a sound I will find a way to create it, sometimes it is better than the plugin sound I don't have. Or I will find someone who can help me better achieve my goal.

Just to have REAPER working on a flexible secure Linux OS with built in Logical Volume Manager is enough for me. I can hot swap - cold swap or add many more hard drives or storage devices let alone for NAS or incredible soft synths set ups or midi controller options. I guess if I really needed a specific vst sound I might record it with a win 7 set-up.

Like stated above, many people here are happily using Kontakt here. The crashes could be coming for a variety of reasons. I had many many crashes using Windows. Generally they were from some seemingly unrelated reason. One was from a HP proprietary monitor driver... of all things. I got that ironed out fairly quick and easy with linux. Something, I think I never could have done on a win system. I run a few PCs for specific reasons... I use Ardour for a few plugins I have come to like. I just export the wave file to Reaper. If you are having some problems specifically with certain hardware or drivers or whatever... there are some very smart people here that will help you. tc
s wave is offline   Reply With Quote