View Single Post
Old 11-02-2009, 03:26 PM   #30
tweed
Human being with feelings

Yeah, different requirements I figure. Thanks for the reminder of course.

I had the best time loading track templates...though like, uhhh... only up to 10 of 'em. No interruption whatsoever. That's track templates not project templates obviously.

Yet, with the track template loading it would load in another track whereas I would hope that being able (someday) to load in RfxChains it would replace the one in the existing track. So, I could have say, 4 tracks and only have to deal with the fxbypass/muting of them for as live track.

[with track template loading as we can currently do]
Having another track loading in as with track templates creates great difficulty I guess as 'already there' tracks just keep doing what they're doing.

Really, it's all about simplifying the creative thing and having a visual that doesn't force a ton of note taking/thinking. This all feels like freaking 1999 a bit. I'm smiling though!

So, yeah... thing is, the whole 'risk' thing would, for me be outweighted because being able to load RfxChains means TONS and TONS of custom sounds are right there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yee!!!!!!!!!!

oops, got a bit excited there...

For jamming, try-outs etc. a lotta lotta buncha buncha sounds need to be available, right? It's not like a set that's been pre-determined.

Ok.. hey, I noticed there's now 11 votes instead of 8.... cool!!!! 'course 12 is more than 11.

I've crashed burned live enough that I could laugh when it happened. Crashing/Glitching (the possibility of) is my only macho move perhaps. And hey, that's the way we wanted it right?! hehehe!

IMAGINE if you wish: having say, two midi/vst tracks and, at the ready, 500 RfxChains that can be loaded into either of the tracks with a prg/bnk change command. Yes INTO one of the existing two tracks, for example. (um, and hopefully someday). So, one could be loading some huge RfxChain while you play the other. [with key-splits/transposing, effects, the works!] And all without creating any new tracks which really could mess-up a lotta layout stuff etc. etc. etc.

This can already be sorta emulated with the track template load thing I think. (up to 10 of 'em with an SWS action I think it is) Though it creates a NEW track and doesn't replace the existing one.

Hey, if it could be made to replace the selected track upon track teplate load, and, if there could be more than 10 that would do it for now. macro gurus???

You can VOTE too!

Quote:
http://forum.cockos.com/project.php?issueid=135
you might wanna click on the vote thing on the right where it says: "Users who would use this feature" I think that's how you vote.

Last edited by tweed; 11-02-2009 at 03:58 PM.
tweed is offline   Reply With Quote