Thread: Measuring +4dBu
View Single Post
Old 06-24-2019, 09:28 PM   #3
Human being with feelings
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Silicon Valley, CA
Posts: 1,920

I don't have an RMS multimeter, just a peak reading meter.
What kind of peak reading meter?

A regular multimeter reads RMS as long as you have a continuous AC sine wave. For example, the nominal household power line voltage in the U.S. is 120VAC RMS and that's what your meter should read (within tolerances of the line voltage and the meter).

If you have a different wave shape you may get errors unless you have a "true RMS meter".
DVDdoug is offline   Reply With Quote