View Single Post
Old 01-02-2018, 11:23 AM   #450
nofish
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Waddington View Post
Thanks.

If you really think a branch is necessary at some point down the road, let's discuss.
Ok, but I'd suggest you mention this somewhere on your GitHub that you rather wouldn't want it to be branched, because to me at least that's a very common thing to do with open source projects and besides, it's given right when using public GitHub repos.

That said, of course I respect your wish.

Quote:
5. License Grant to Other Users

Any User-Generated Content you post publicly, including issues, comments, and contributions to other Users' repositories, may be viewed by others. By setting your repositories to be viewed publicly, you agree to allow others to view and "fork" your repositories (this means that others may make their own copies of Content from your repositories in repositories they control).

If you set your pages and repositories to be viewed publicly, you grant each User of GitHub a nonexclusive, worldwide license to use, display, and perform Your Content through the GitHub Service and to reproduce Your Content solely on GitHub as permitted through GitHub's functionality (for example, through forking). You may grant further rights if you adopt a license. If you are uploading Content you did not create or own, you are responsible for ensuring that the Content you upload is licensed under terms that grant these permissions to other GitHub Users.
https://help.github.com/articles/git...ms-of-service/
nofish is offline   Reply With Quote