View Single Post
Old 04-02-2019, 04:14 PM   #2806
Geoff Waddington
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerododo View Post
Hi all,

i apologize in advance, maybe i've lost some info in this big thread...

i just want to know if this tool could work for me. i explain my setup:

i've got an Ssl Nucleus, controlling Reaper via Mcu. Everything works fine for standard controls, but i'm missing the possibility to control send volume per track (with faders). i don't care about vst parameters control

Nucleus has 3 DAW layers (i can control up to 3 different DAWS in the same time) and can work in Mcu, hui or cc standard midi mode.

As i'm using DAW1 layer in mcu mode to control Reaper, my original thought was to use DAW2 layer in cc standard midi mode to control the sends volume. unfortunately Nucleus doesn't accept midi return cc messages from the daw, so it is an unusable solution because of motorized and touch sensitive faders.

so i'm asking you:
can CSI send refresh values of sends volume (for selected track) to the controller in MCU mode?
We did a jury rigged test with MCU protocol for Sends on faders that worked just fine, so the short answer is yes.

The slightly longer answer is the code is going through a major refactoring right now, and file formats will be affected, so I wouldn't start anything right now.

So, yes you will be able to do what you want, but patience is key, just for the moment at least
Geoff Waddington is offline   Reply With Quote