View Single Post
Old 11-15-2016, 06:02 PM   #134
karbomusic
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tod View Post

Yeah I'm trying to mix so it sounds good to me too, but this kind of music is totally different from what I work with. I've been looking for some reference material, but since I don't really listen to this kind of thing, I don't have a clue where to look.
IMHO it's like (or can be treated like) most non-electronic rock genres since the '70s - Simply because it's a couple guitars, bass, drums, vocal with a live feel so I don't think I would even worry about the mold it is supposed to fit if there even is one. The closest I've come to reference tracks is an occasional sanity check on frequency response and dynamics, stylistically, I've not really cared.

Quote:
I've also been dealing with some Reaper glitches and bugs. I spent at least two hours this morning trying to send a track to a reverb bus, very simple, but no matter what I did I couldn't get it to go to the reverb. Finally I just removed the send, reapplied it, and it worked just as it should.
That's odd, I'll keep any eye out.

Quote:
Heh heh, the biggest problem I'm having is getting in compliance with the -0.5dB/-14.0LUFS thingy. I'm really glad you posted the Orban meter Karbo, but now it's driving me nuts.
Insub's suggestion might be easier, I just wasn't aware of it and had to find my own way so that's what I did. I'm also not going to be losing sleep over 1/2 dB or so; if I get close to that, I'm sticking a fork in it and calling it done.

Last edited by karbomusic; 11-15-2016 at 06:10 PM.
karbomusic is offline   Reply With Quote