View Single Post
Old 01-21-2020, 02:19 AM   #47
winbe
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnif View Post
You can replace all copied instances of item with the new edited item using "Replace in project -> All instances" in Project Bay 'Media Items' tab.
All changes in item length, looping, source media, source section, take envelopes, take fx, item fades, stretch markers, etc will be automatically copied to all instances.

To be able to use the Project Bay effectively, it is good to give some meaningful names for your takes and files.
It is also useful to enable these options in Porject Bay:
  • "Mirror selection in bay and project". This helps for example to see which items are identical copied instances and which ones you are replacing.
  • "Automatically retain media items when removed from project". This helps to easily get back to some old version of your item edits.

I know, this is not the same as the "box" feature requested here. But, it is much easier than manual copy / pasting.

jnif
Hi, this won't work in my case, I am afraid... what I usually do is split an audio item in multiple parts, because I adjust the timing of each note, add some fades, change pitch... I would love to somehow draw a box around this whole thing and copy the box and each time I change something within a box, other boxes follow.
There is a workaround: when I am finished with the editing, I "glue" this into a new audio file... Old school way of doing, destructive, eats disk space...