View Single Post
Old 08-30-2019, 06:36 PM   #4415
Geoff Waddington
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Green View Post
Sure.
Right now with my CSI setup in it's Home zone, I can access the first 10 sends on a selected track. It also includes a PageTrack zone that handles the basic channel functions such as volume, pan, etc. In that PageTrack zone I have a button assigned that sends both the commands to OpenFXChainWindow to Reaper and GoZone PageFocus. That zone reassigns the buttons from the PageTrack zone to send Reaper commands for navigating the FXChain, which has now triggered the FocusFXTrackNavigator to reassign the sends controls from the Home zone to the currently focused FX. The GoZone button is now assigned to both CloseFXChainWindow and GoZone PageTrack, which closes the FXChain and exits back to the PageTrack zone.

Now, what I would LIKE to do - :-) - is place some kind of command in the PageFocus zone that locks up to 32 FXParameter map outputs to an FX - in this case, "FaderBox(32)" - on the designated slot of the first track of the session with no condition other than this zone being active. FaderBox would then take charge of the assigned controls on Console 1 and send them to the SmartKnobs app - which would handle all the focused FX parameter assignments itself crosstalking with FaderBox, independent of CSI. The controls for navigation and GoZone commands would still be functional within the PageFocus zone and allow for navigation and exiting the zone back to the PageTrack zone.

Since FaderBox can be stacked with multiple instances on a single track with sets of 32 at a time, it would make sense in a setup such as this to regard each instance with it's own "zone" that could be mapped to whatever functions you like, including the ability to map FaderBox controls to Realearn - which opens up all kinds of outrageous possibilities.

It would bridge that communication gap between CSI and the MIDI devices i/o of Reaper.

Hope I'm explaining this ok.
I think I get the gist of it.

CSI is designed to work with any project, there is no interdependency between CSI and a particular Reaper project.

That means things like Track 1, Slot 1, etc., won't work -- they do not fall within the design params of CSI.

This avoids problems like -- what if there is no Track 1, Slot 1, etc., on the project you open.

We experimented a bit with project level persistence early, but quickly got rid of it
Geoff Waddington is offline   Reply With Quote