View Single Post
Old 01-02-2020, 06:19 PM   #5794
Funkybot
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaveTrans View Post
Edit: still desparate, but observed that the csi dll is sometimes extensively scanned upon reaper start-up vst scan

does that mean anything?
Just to provide an external frame of reference: if I launch Reaper here, the splash screen appears, it says "scanning plugins" for a while (I believe this is a check for new VST2/VST3 plugins), then some text will flash really quickly, and in that I'll see something like "Loading Plugin: csuf_eucon_64.dll" and some others wizz by. I think that's Reaper loading "Reaper Plugin" .dll's, not necessarily treating them like VST2/VST3 plugins. Is that what you're seeing? If so, that might be normal (works here anyway).

But definitely go in and make sure that you don't have the "Reaper (x64)\Plugins" folder listed as a VST Plugin Folder in your Reaper preferences. I could definitely see that causing issues.

But, you've been using CSI for longer than I have, so I suspect it's not that and there's something else going on. It seems weird that at least 3 people (all on Windows? I am, but again, it works here) have suddenly reported issues with these newer releases, starting at the same build and persisting across a few builds.

Last question/thing to check: are you also installing the new CSI Eucon.dll from Geoff's signature? I have been. Even if you don't use Eucon, try installing the CSI eucon .dll anyway. Maybe a dependency somehow got built in. That's a total shot in the dark, but I'm a Eucon user, so it just sticks out as an area where maybe we could be doing things differently. And it's also the build where Geoff introduced Eucon that caused the issues so I wouldn't be surprised if there's some Eucon related dependency that accounts for why it works here and not on other systems. Again...total guess. But just trying to rule things out.
Funkybot is online now   Reply With Quote