Old 09-03-2014, 02:28 PM   #12
headcase915
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by thequietroom View Post
how do the renders sound on your monitors
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawin View Post
Using Maxx Bass in mastering buss is a very bad idea. use max bass in u r mix channel (bass gui & kick drum)

Remove all Compressors in Master track. use compression for individual track according to the need. dont over compress any track. use only a simple limiter to master track. IF ITS VERY ESSENTIAL AS U THINK USE A MULTI BAND COMPRESSOR AND COMPRESS. DONT COMPRESS OVER -3 DB (CHECK THE COMPRESSOR VU) .

Reaper V4 Has a problem in audio rendering. which makes u r mix sound worse. i had found a solution a few months ago. its simple "set u r freq and bit rate same everywhere" render your audio in same setting. for example if you recorded your audio in 48khz 24bit use all mix engine audio render setting in the same setting. dont jump from 24bit to 32 64 or to 16 in rendering. dont change 48khz to 44.1khz in rendering. after rendering convert your audio to u r desired need with an external editor like sound forge or adobe audition.
well its not on my master bus.. I have one stereo track with master unchecked and sent to a 2nd aux bus with my fx chain and nothing on the master track. but I am jumping from 48khz to 41khz and 24bit to 16bit... so i shouldn't be doing any of that?? and the chain adds slight impulses at different stages... rather than trying to do it all in one or 2 fx i spread my stuff out over several to get my desired master sound... its a layered effect...and only dont in sublte hints minus the multi band the soft clipper and the limiter.. oh and the maxx bass does actually give a certain warmth to the overall low end of the final sound i found... it gave it a little definition and roundness.

Last edited by headcase915; 09-03-2014 at 02:33 PM.
headcase915 is offline   Reply With Quote