View Single Post
Old 11-12-2019, 02:10 PM   #38
tack
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audio_Birdi View Post
This sounds like a great idea! this way, we can use the notation editor to add our articulations
I expect to keep the basic UI of Reaticulate just because IMO it's better at managing large numbers of articulations and assigning them, but technically it could work from directly within the notation editor too.

But anyway, the idea isn't viable without some of the changes mentioned above. Most of things I mentioned are cosmetic, admittedly, but #1 and #3 are big pain points. Receiving notation MIDI events after note-on means two passes over the incoming MIDI events: one to gather and cache the notation and events, and another to process/route the other events. And not being able to associate custom metadata to notation events (a numeric value specifically) means a lot of string matching would be needed in the JSFX. And I don't see a hash map type structure in EEL (nor would I expect one), which means each mapping an incoming MIDI text event to a Reaticulate articulation is O(n) with respect to the number of articulations on the track.

So, yeah, I'm making the best of life with program change events until interest is rekindled in articulation maps.
tack is offline   Reply With Quote