View Single Post
Old 02-02-2017, 08:52 AM   #94
hermitcrab
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Johnson III View Post
With the mouse modifier: Media Item Bottom half => Marquee select items and time ignoring snap
Thank you. On my reaper ( 5.311 64 bit ) it was in mouse modifiers > context : arrange view

i have tried it and it is considerably faster than your video. There is a very slight delay but nothing like that i'm afraid. It is almost instantaneous even when fast dragging. Maybe someone else on an older osx could post a video to show this please ?

Like i say i had the same sort of problem on a new high spec win 10 pc as you are experiencing although i didn't do that test and i don't think it would have been quite so slow if i had but this shows me that the lag has increased considerably since lion on osx and it is a problem so i can understand your situation sorry. I hope they ( apple or reaper ? ) can find a solution as i love reaper and wouldn't want to have to move to logic when updating system but if that video is representative of the speed then i would have no choice ( for the way i use it ) if it can't be fixed.

EDIT : i managed to make a video with quick time but it caused a considerable lag in reaper which was not at all representative of how it works for me with reaper alone.

Last edited by hermitcrab; 02-02-2017 at 10:29 AM.
hermitcrab is offline   Reply With Quote