MalcolmG
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Waddington View Post
Consider the MCU Stop button
Code:
Stop 	    PressFB 90 5d 7f  90 5d 00
<snip>

CSI can control the light state by sending 90 5d 7f (on) or 90 5d 00 (off) to the hardware.
Geoff, following on from our earlier discussion, the second param above is not just the light state, but more specifically, the light state when turned off. The light state for ON would be the same as the first param, so it's doing double duty as both the incoming message and the message sent back for the ON light state.

Is that right?

That works fine for single colour buttons, but I was just doing some testing of the Launchpad Mini, and it allows you to specify the colour, brightness and flashing state using that last hex value. So for the button I'm testing looks like this:

MyButton PressFB 90 01 7f 90 01 0f

where the 0f in the last message represents Red, non flashing and high brightness.

The behaviour is that when the button is in an off state, it's Red, and when I press it, it goes to Yellow because 7f happens to line up with Yellow, non flashing, high brightness.

Note, none of these are being set by the controller, it's all by the OUT messages of CSI.

So for this it would be handy to be able to separately specify the On and Off state colours. Same would go for PressReleaseFB.

Does all that make sense? Am I misunderstanding something, and if not, is it possible to put this as a low priority item on the backlog?

Cheers
Malcolm
MalcolmG is offline   Reply With Quote