View Single Post
Old 05-06-2011, 01:48 PM   #3
PitchSlap
Human being with feelings

The reason I want the stems to go through the master is so it sounds most like the actual project. Often I'll have a suble EQ on the master, but more commonly I leave plenty of headroom in the project and use a limiter on the master to get each song to a consistent level.

By not being able to render through the master, although I may have 4 full 2-track mixdowns at ~-13 RMS, when I bring the stems into Ableton the levels vary widely per song.

Other people may have totally different reasons for wanting stems go through the master, like having limiter to keep the stems from clipping without having to have an instance on each stem track etc...

The problem with soloing and doing queued renders is that for some reason Reaper insists on closing/re-opening the project for EVERY stem of the same project, and when using GIGantic multisampled instruments, they don't always have time to fully load.

I guess maybe I'll make a FR and hope for 4.x...