View Single Post
Old 10-28-2019, 10:05 AM   #23
deeb
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klangfarben View Post
Correct. Which is why if you wanted the timestretch to be applied, it would have to destructively edit the sample aka your original file. Think about it. You have "Cool Drum Loop 120bpm" in the media explorer. Your project tempo is 140bpm. You drag that file from the media explorer into your sampler. Guess what? The original file "Cool Drum Loop 120bpm" has now been destructively edited to be 140bpm and now the original file isn't 120bpm anymore. Kind of a problem.
i told, the original is kept, just like if we do manually. So this is not an issue.

Quote:
Besides Kontakt, samplers that timestretch include Halion, UVI, Play, Engine, Ableton's Simpler/Sampler DirectWave and TAL just off the top of my head. Pretty much all of them. It's much better to leave this to the sampler, not Reaper destructively editing files or making real-time copies of every file dragged from the media explorer.
Ableton simpler/sampler is not usable in reaper. Directwave (i don't remember having time streatch, maybe been upgraded meanwhile) but does not work on MAC (older versions).
All the others are like 250 Euros beasts, which even for free i don't like them. I like simple samplers.

Quote:
You might want to trust ED on this one. He literally does do this for a living.
he might make libraries but it does not mean he makes music or knows musicians universal needs.

At the end of the day then this should be an optional:
"importing samples to plugins from media explorer do not apply timestreatch"
or
"keep timestreatch when importing to a plugin"

Last edited by deeb; 10-28-2019 at 10:13 AM.
deeb is offline   Reply With Quote