View Single Post
Old 05-27-2010, 12:36 PM   #1
Mike Stop Continues
Human being with feelings

Default ReaMenus - the better menu set

Download the newest version on Github!

----

REAPER's default menu set is too disorganized! It's off-putting to newcomers and makes the REAPER seem like it isn't the best DAW on the market.

Here comes ReaMenus to the rescue: my attempt to make REAPER easier for newcomers and at the same time, demonstrating the superb feature-set that we Reapers love so much.

As ReaMenus is meant to be of use to the entire community, please feel free to make as many suggestions as you can to help improve the set.

Remember ReaMenus values are as follows:
  1. Easy/Usable (clarity, most used features on top)
  2. Organized (LABELS, context sensitivity)
  3. Feature-rich (as much as can be easily found)
  4. Small size (max-height: 600px, as narrow as possible)
  5. Up-to-date (always updated with most recent REAPER and SWS features)

Installation:
  1. Save the menu set file to your computer.
  2. Inside REAPER, go to Options->Customize Menus/toolbars...
  3. Click Export->Export ALL menus/toolbars to ReaperMenuSet... and save your default set.
  4. Click Import. Open ReaMenus.ReaperMenuSet. (Don't worry if REAPER appears to freeze on older machines. Give it time, and your new menus will be imported properly!)
  5. You're done!
  6. If after using ReaMenus, you'd like to bring your own customized menus back, you can Import them, and only the menus that you previously customized will be restored. If you only wish to import certain of your old menus, you can edit your saved .ReaperMenuSet file and remove entirely each menu you want to discard before Importing.
  7. If for any reason you want to revert to the default menu set, simply use the Reset button in the Menu/Toolbars... dialog.

Notes:
ReaMenus depends on REAPER 4.62 and SWS Extensions 2.4.0.3. To my mind, REAPER is not complete without the SWS extensions. I'd love to see it's functionality folded into the core.

Special Thanks
I'd like to thank everyone for your continued suggestions and support! Together, we might be able to build the best of all possible menu sets. Keep those improvements coming!

----

Download the newest version on Github!

Last edited by Mike Stop Continues; 07-10-2021 at 07:59 AM. Reason: Pointing to Oli
Mike Stop Continues is offline   Reply With Quote