View Single Post
Old 02-27-2016, 03:41 AM   #54
shabbyroad
Human being with feelings

This week I used repare as my live gig host for stems (backing tracks) and VST soft synths along with a video track. I've setup on Win10 64-bit with completely fresh install and all best practices (wireless devices off, no scheduled scanning, power profile set never to turn off etc etc).

Just as my 2nd song starts Windows crashes to blue screen. A little embarrassing but I made a joke of it with the audience and after a minute or 2 was able to restart. I did notice a it of audio 'skipping' later in the gig but fortunately nothing as severe as a crash.

I'm puzzled as to what could have caused it. I've run the same set almost every evening for a couple of hours over the last 3 weeks with not one issue.

The only difference between my 'rehearsal' situation and the gig is that the laptop was on for maybe 5 hours straight before my set. It was playing video tracks which were being projected while a DJ did their stuff.

Could that have been the issue? The laptop wasn't 'hot' and was well ventilated in what was a reasonably cool room - the stage area definitely wasn't hot.

An engineer type at the gig said it might have been a memory leak from Reaper which over time just brought Windows crashing down?

Last edited by shabbyroad; 02-27-2016 at 04:09 AM. Reason: fat fingers
shabbyroad is offline   Reply With Quote