View Single Post
Old 08-09-2019, 02:40 PM   #3858
MixMonkey
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freex View Post
MIX MONKEY, IF there's a way of doing the Clear and reset I suggested in an earlier, it would be so helpful.

I just made a few Zones, and all is fine, it's when you get to the EQ's,
Changing Frequency to Freq on them is fine, but having to close C4FXConfig and then reopen it gets taxing.

Maybe I'm being lazy but it would be so much cooler to be able to just reset everything, if it's actually possible that is.
Explain the difference between Clear and Reset again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Waddington View Post
Not to mention the lurking issues -- too easy for the excel file and .zon file to get out of synch.

Hey @MixMonkey, you tired of us leaning on you for features yet ?

Was just thinking a cool way around all of this -- well not so cool for you, with the amount of grunt work it entails

Provide an option to load a .zon file, it's just the reverse of writing it out, and you could automatically load the underlying .raw file at the same time.

I would call that Configurator feature complete and very slick (with the inevitable tweaks of course )
Having spent the day battling the nightmare world of Apple Sandboxing and losing, I have realised that the easy bit of the Configurator is its internal workings and the difficult bit is dealing with the two OS filesystems.

I'm not anti the idea of being able to load a .zon file and edit it, but I'd like to get what we have at the moment straightened out. Here's a few points:

i) At the moment the VBA code doesn't retain the file path for saving when you save and re-load the Configurator.xlsm file as you would want to do to re-arrange a map. You have to reload the raw fx to re-instate the path.

ii)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Waddington View Post
Yup, that's why i did it that way originally.

It also helps with support:

"Look in the CSI/Zones/ZoneFXFiles folder".

As opposed to:

"Where did you save the .zon file".
Actually, as Freex has discovered, it bases it's save path entirely on the raw FX load path, so if you've loaded the raw fx file from a sub-folder in ZoneRawFXFiles, it will expect that folder to be present when the .zon is saved. Cool for Freex, but probably pretty confusing for anyone else as it prevents the Configurator.xlsm files from being easily exchanged, as they won't save properly unless the directory structures are the same.

iii) Notwithstanding the ability to load .zon files and re-edit them, the best workflow is to keep the SomeFX.xlsm and not worry about the raw fx file after it has been loaded in. When I've sorted out the saving issues, the Excel files should be portable and cross platform.

iv) As far the disk space used, come on guys a 100KB Excel file, really? The average algo plugin is 10-15MB (some Acustica plugins are 1-2GB!) These aren't going to fill the disc up.
MixMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote