View Single Post
Old 09-21-2019, 05:46 AM   #31
bFooz
Human being with feelings

Hi Breeder, this is a really good work. I especially like how all menus labels are so polished and consistent with naming and formatting.

I did my own menus as well and wonder if you used the internal menu editor or some other tool.

Also, how do you approach keeping the menus up to date? I found one thing missing in your menus - "Item - Stretch markers", there is only one mode - "tonal optimized", while in the meantime 3 new modes became available.

One observation - while doing my own menus (and being inspired by Dorico menus) I found that it is better to have items which are not clearly categorised or does not have a strong and clear hierarchy or order sorted alphabetically instead of creating "weak" groups or sorting based on "weak" order. The most obvious example would be the "View" menu with all windows grouped and sorted by a key which is not obvious and not quickly understandable. Also e.g. the top level of "Edit", "Track" and "Arrange" menus. As an example of a menu with a "strong" grouping and order would be "Track-Select".
bFooz is offline   Reply With Quote