View Single Post
Old 09-19-2019, 02:07 PM   #26
Breeder
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by adXok View Post
I'll take a good look over this Modification of Reaper.
If you do not mind, then I will give my critic remarks from my Point of View.

Edit: here is the first one
~ why is the Premium version so expensive (you can find drum maps for free and converters for free)

Does this mean there are some custom FX plugins included?
If Yes, then the price might be reasonable. But then you should show us the actual included custom FX plugins.
If Not, then a more reasonable price of around US$20~30 would be ideal.
No VST included - just an example of how I have set my template - I remember when I started with my orchestral templates how I desperately wanted to see real-life examples - because I couldn't find a lot of examples online, I thought it would be a good idea to include it for kicks. The real value lies in over 1000 midi drum maps and the fact that you are actually showing some goodwill towards the author. A lot of these drum maps aren't available anywhere besides my site and were made exclusively by me. I never encountered drum maps converters available anywhere so I just wrote my own.

The thing is that I do want to share my configuration, but I also want to encourage some sort of donations and I threw everything that isn't 100% needed for REAPER to function in premium content. I agree with your price assessment - I did lower it just yesterday. This is my first "commercial" product so setting the price was part of the challenge. When you buy premium content, you are supporting REAPER ReWorked - website costs, my time, a fee I will pay to a volunteer who wants to write the manual for it etc...premium content is just an additional gift you receive - but you are actually supporting the whole project by buying it.

Thank you for taking the look.

Last edited by Breeder; 07-21-2020 at 09:05 PM.
Breeder is offline   Reply With Quote