View Single Post
Old 04-08-2019, 09:53 AM   #427
parapentep70
Human being with feelings

Default Komplete Knotrol extra features

Hi,

I installed Komplete 10 2 months ago. At the time I was concerned about the kind of compatibility among Reaper, Komplete Kontrol SW and Komplete Kontrol S49 MK1.

At the time I browsed different forums (specially Native Instruments & Reaper) and I was concerned about Komplete Kontrol SW/HW full compatibility with Reaper. I found some issues and some advice to overcome them... specially for other DAWs, not so much about Reaper. I (wrongly) assumed that this was because Reaper is not the most popular DAW for NI users.

Then I knew about DrivenByMoss4Reaper, I thought it could be the solution to the issues mentioned in formums. But I did not install it because I was in the middle of a project. In fact Komplete was not installed yet.

Later Native Instruments updated Komplete Kontrol SW for better compatibility. I read in some forums that nothing is really required for full compatibility between Kontrol SW, Kontrol Hw and Reaper. I finished my project and I installed all my Native Intruments SW. Then I simply tried and... Everything worked 100% as supposed. Normal MIDI, generic MIDI controls, specific MIDI controls with their pages and names in the screens, transport controls, Komplete sound browser... Now I think I did not find specific information for Reaper users because there are LESS issues with Reaper than with other DAWs.

Today I was cleaning my computer and I saw "DrivenByMoss4Reaper" installer. My question is: provided that everything is working, is there a good reason / advantage / extra feature for Komplete Kontrol (Hw + Sw) if I install DrivenByMoss4Reaper software? Am I missing anything obvious?

Thanks a lot
parapentep70 is offline   Reply With Quote