View Single Post
Old 01-16-2007, 02:03 PM   #6
Serendipity
Human being with feelings

EZDrummer tutorial: Updated

Disclaimer: This is my way of setting up EZdrummer and it works for me. It's not the only way. No ezdrummers were hurt making this tutorial.

Start Reaper. Create a new track with Ctrl+T or Track=>Add new track in the menu. Name it ezdrummer midi.

Open FX on the track and insert ezdrummer. Open up Preferences for Reaper and go to the VST page. The options Save full VST plug-in state if supported and Save as bank should be enabled. Also make sure that you have the option Always run track FX in the Audio Preferences checked and finally make the GUI visible or ezdrummer might not load the kit.

Create eight more tracks and name them ezd DrumGroup, ezd Kick, ezd SnareTop, ezd SnareBottom, ezd Hats, ezd Toms, ezd Overhead and ezd Room....or name them whatever you like

Make the ezd DumGroup track a Folder track and the ezd Room track the last track in the folder.

Click the I/O button on the ezdrummer midi track to open up the Routing for Track 1 "ezdrummer midi" window.

De-select Master/Parent Send.

Set Track Channels to 14 (since we're using 7 stereo outputs from ezdrummer in this tutorial).

Under Sends enable Track 3: ezd Kick through to Track 9: ezd Room.

For Track 3 set the left Audio dropdown box value to Channel 1/2.

Track 4: Channel 3/4

Track 5: Channel 5/6

and so on until

Track 9: Channel 13/14

Edit: I made a serious mistake and forgot one important step. This is it.

Click on the DrumGroup I/O button and enable recieves from all tracks except the ezd midi track.

Last edited by Serendipity; 01-18-2007 at 04:16 PM.
Serendipity is offline   Reply With Quote