View Single Post
Old 06-26-2019, 12:53 AM   #224
lb0
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenK-msx View Post
hi LBO

setting things up here with smartknobs and was going ok.. though finding fair few of my plugs don't play nice, crash the script etc.

just spent time mappng vst3 waves rhodes88 - cool! but then found its settings had clashed/mashed with my vst3 waves cla2a comp i had mapped earlier - so cleared them from the cla2a and 'poof' it also cleared the rhodes88 mapping... any way of fixing that as they are appearing to be the same plug ID wise.. ?

promising stuff tho with the plugs that have mapped nicely hope you can assist

many thanks
Which plugins crash the script? Any error messages?

Yeah - I know about Waves plugins - and it's easy enough to get around - but changes the detection functionality away from what was originally requested.

I can fix it to work with Waves plugins - but it would need to use the given name of the plugin (either normal plugin name or anything you may have renamed it to) to identify the plugin.

The issue with this is that if you like to rename plugins depending on their use - then each different plugin name (even if they refer to the same plugin) would require setting up its own template.

Until recently I got around this limitation by using the chunk to identify the plugin - but for some users - this was particularly slow in certain cases.

I'll see what I can do...

But would be really useful to have any error reports so I can try and fix those.
lb0 is offline   Reply With Quote