View Single Post
Old 04-20-2013, 09:31 AM   #80
richie43
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by imispgh View Post
Why did it have zero use for work or pleasure? (And again I agree your set up etc is far better choice).

I keep pushing because I keep getting none specific responses on that other than the better choice being your system. Which given its description I completely agree with. And - while I completely get it would not be someone's cup of tea to be so dead set against it just seems a bit over the top. Zero use just seems a bit much which usually indicates far more subjectivity than objectivity. For example if you agreed that others could get the same benefits I described but your personal choice is that you dislike headphones that much or are fine with missing the benefits you could get that response would make sense to me. It's like saying that if you had access to all of the other monitors you wouldn't see the benefit in using them.

Evminitors. How is having access to them for $100 not value added? (Assuming of course you don't have access to the ACTUAL monitors like an Auratone, PC speakers, and the list of popular monitors)
Oh my.....
I am not being extreme, but of course I am being subjective; that's what we all do when we make decisions based on our own opinions and needs. VRM had zero use for me because I consistently did better mixes without it. It was a waste of my time and money. Of course someone else may get more use from it, but my not wanting it at all does not make me extreme or reactionary; I just don't want to use it. And you keep talking about it with language like "It's like saying that if you had access to all of the other monitors you wouldn't see the benefit in using them...." VRM does not give you access to any monitors, it is emulation software. See ngarjuna's well-iterated response (again!). VRM was not worth anything FOR ME and MY WORK. Besides, when I was struggling to finance more treatment for my room, it was also a time when $100 was better spent toward better mics, cables, preamps.... maybe food for the family...lol. I can't stress enough the part about IF IT WORKS FOR YOU-AWESOME. VRM was not a good option for me, my mixes did not gain from using it, therefore I did not buy it. But if it makes you feel better, I do own a Focusrite Scarlett that I use for a quick and dirty mobile interface for quick and dirty mobile recording, so if you want to tell your Focusrite reps that are secretly paying you for promo and sales that you sold it to me, I will gladly lie and corroborate the story so you get a bonus.....