View Single Post
Old 12-01-2012, 07:31 AM   #19
Jeffos
Mortal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breeder View Post
This is great! Thanks! I played a bit with it now and these are the things I miss. I'm just thinking out loud...
Thanks for the feedback & sorry for the veeerrryyy late reply, Breeder! Déjà vu: in short, most of the features you are talking already about already exit.. but in a private extension!
I'm thinking about merging/open sourcing it, partially at least, it is technically ready but there some other difficulties (payware stuff). Still discussing, still don't know what to reply to you at this point but I will detail this when I can!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCeePooze View Post
My controller keyboard has buttons that send Bank MSB/LSB + Program change. What I'd like to be able to do is have it so that I can use any of those three values (Bank MSB, Bank LSB, Program change) to direct Reaper to EITHER send my midi to a specific channel in Kontakt OR to select a specific patch within another VSTi.
Hi JayCeePooze and welcome to the forums!
The config you want is the easy part, the Bank MSB/LSB+PC trigger is another story..
For the configs, here's an example:

1. Shows how to switch MIDI channels (trick: the Live Config allows you to reconfigure the input track too)
2. Shows configs with different patches for the same plug (same track/fx "43 Rhodes" but different presets)

Now, about the bank/program change (PC):
I guess you have a 2 buttons style controllers (?) like "Program+ , Program+". Unfortunately, you can neither learn actions "Apply Live Config #n (MIDI CC only)" nor "Apply next/previous config" with such PC messages (well, you can, but this would be limited to a given PC #number).
There's a workaround/solution: you would need 2 others (very light) plugs on the input track: a JS that remaps PC to CC and, downstream, MIDItoReaControlPath.
One of the guys I know is in your case: cheap Boss GT-6 guitar effect but it is able to send bank/pc messages. I made a tiny JS which allows him to use the Live Configs tool. I your case, the easier solution would probably be to ignore bank messages and use the little "PC to CC" JS effect I attached here.

Without the tool, since REAPER v4.x, you can use PC to switch presets and also learn PC events, so you can still use tip1 above. The setup will be trickier though.
Attached Files
File Type: zip PCtoCC.zip (976 Bytes, 1155 views)

Last edited by Jeffos; 12-12-2012 at 02:07 AM. Reason: edited attached JS effect (pass-thru)
Jeffos is offline   Reply With Quote