View Single Post
Old 07-30-2019, 05:58 PM   #3462
Freex
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Waddington View Post
Currently, CSI bank location, current Page, and pinned Tracks are stored in the Reaper project (well, pinned Tracks is broken)

Does anyone really need these in their workflow, or are they just cool.

The reason -- they introduce unwanted coupling between a particular project and a particular CSI setup.

Say, 5 years down the road you open an old Reaper project that you setup when you had that big old console thingy, but now you have the ultra cool quantum console, the info in the project is at least useless, and might even mess everything up.

Do you really need to remember exactly where you were banked, what page you were on, and what tracks were pinned ?

If we get a good set of use cases, we'll see how well we can do the implementation, but it sure is a lot cleaner if we can eliminate this unwanted coupling, future proofing and all that...
I think the pinning function and it being remembered was important when we needed it for the master fader
Now I think its a cool function but now I have no real use where it need to be remembered, same goes for any project with bank and current page.

Opening cross platform or surface is surely far better than anything else.
Freex is online now   Reply With Quote