View Single Post
Old 04-26-2011, 04:51 AM   #115
johnrule
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolman View Post
This is so awesome!
johnrule, could you show me how to form the release scripts ?

suppose i make a button for recenable ch1, what would the script be?
or to toggle the metronome on/off?

many thanks in advance!
Sorry for the delay...I was programming.

Here is a quick example for now:

- Open the 'Reaper_Control.rte' project in the 'Examples' folder.
- Open the 'Script Window' (you can right-click on an object and choose 'Script/Release' too).
- Choose the 'Arrow' tool for selecting, and click on any button to refresh the Script Window with that objects script.

The SEND.STRING has three parameters:

Code:
SEND.STRING(socket, string, delay);
For Reaper control, you just need the 'string', so in this animation you see "" for the first parameter and '0' for the last...the string is what I am highlighting.

The protocol can be pretty simple. For example, for 'Play', you only need the string "/_/1007;" to actually trigger Reaper. SO the SEND.STRING would look like this:
Code:
SEND.STRING("", "/_/1007;", 0);
And when you convert that project to html, it is embedded in the page for you as a GET command.

A more advanced string is something like the track mute or solo. You can chain commands as long as you separate them with a semi-colon ";" like this:
Code:
SEND.STRING("", "/_/SET/TRACK/0/MUTE/-1;TRACK/0;TRANSPORT;", 0);
That is the Master mute command. The "/_/SET/TRACK/0/MUTE/-1;" is the actual command to mute, and the "TRACK/0;" is the command to get the status on that track. The "TRANSPORT;" command tells Reaper to send it as soon as it can.

One last example. To toggle mute and toggle solo for channel 1 you would use the following commands:

Code:
// Mute
SEND.STRING("", "/_/SET/TRACK/1/MUTE/-1;TRACK/1;TRANSPORT;", 0);

// Solo
SEND.STRING("", "/_/SET/TRACK/1/SOLO/-1;TRACK/1;TRANSPORT;", 0);
The "-1" is a toggle command, and a discrete "1" or "0" will force it to that state.

The complete protocol that Justin slaved over is explained in great detail in the "main.js" file in the "reaper_www_root" folder.

Enough?
johnrule is offline   Reply With Quote