View Single Post
Old 06-13-2019, 07:04 PM   #98
Xaos
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philbo King View Post
To be honest, I don't use them much. The plug names generally don't provide any clue as to the plugin function, and when running a mix session I don't have time to try them all out to find one that does what I'm looking for.

If you name plugins with things like "Aspirator" and "Respirator" (not real names, just examples), it becomes a total PITA to find what you want when you need it.

If you HAVE to have a strange cool sounding name, append the actual function to the title and the .DLL filename, like "Aspirator - Flatulence Noise Generator", or "Respirator - Add Wheezing Breath Effect", otherwise I won't bother with it generally.

To be fair, a lot of his plugins do have functional names, but many do not. I don't want to sound harsh on the dude. I do like the idea of plugins that do unique novel things that are otherwise impossible. But it's very much like a packing crate full of tools with no clues as to whether they're for carpentry, automobile repair, plumbing or masonry, if you get my drift.
I love Chris' work, but I have the same issue. This is why I've offered to make a PDF that has plugins organized by type, the description from his website, and a link to the YouTube video. That way, if you're looking for a particular tool, you can easily locate it, and glance at the descriptions until you find just what you need. The way it is now, it's organized on his site by release date, and the "what.txt" file that comes with the download doesn't tell you much at all. I think this would help his plugins get the use they deserve. Maybe if he gets several requests from the members of this forum, he'll take me up on the offer and send me the files I'd need to do it for him.