View Single Post
Old 07-26-2013, 02:19 PM   #8
Jeffos
Mortal

Let's not derail the thread, I'll try to make it short (and will not come back whatever happens, promised!).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banned View Post
Thanks for bringing this up again, Jeffos. But I don't see how that makes actions mapped via OSC any less "unreliable".
Well, I think it does: if you download zvukofor's zip, unzip it where explained => it works, and it will work for all users, so it is reliable in that regard..
.. but, for the reasons you said (except may be with the "action feedback" thing: other issue to me + examples sounds like bugs to me :/), it still a workaround I agree!
Workaround, but the better thing zvukofor could do at the moment, I think.

Background: among the list of features in the OP, some of them are actually SWS ones so, with a "simple zip" I dared zvukofor's OSC layout won't work for the very reasons discussed here.. I had a look => reaper-osc-actions.ini file!!? Dang, I completely missed that one! I was thinking OSC bindings were saved in reaper-kb.ini (with all other MIDI/keyboard bindings), so much more complicated than that.

Anyway, I'm with you Banned, let's hope such great layouts will push actions' string identifiers support, I mean straight things like /action/_SWS_ABOUT (or any other way).
On a sidenote, there would be solutions via SWS too (e.g. we have fixed numeric IDs in the action section "S&M extension" humm...) but this really sounds like a job for REAPER, not SWS.

___

@zvukofor: may be a note like "if reaper-osc-actions.ini already exits, do no overwrite but merge!" worths being added though (?)
Jeffos is offline   Reply With Quote