View Single Post
Old 04-24-2018, 02:21 PM   #130
joe2
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicbynumbers View Post
- Option to define "take areas" using markers within a subproject to auto create takes in the subproject item.
I'm definitely very interested in something like this.

There's probably a few ways it could be implemented, but markers or regions with special (aka reserved) names seems like an obvious starting point.

I currently achieve this manually (see images below).

This works OK for me because I use relatively few "take areas" per subproject (<10 usually and I think it'd be rare to use >20).

However, there is one snag which seems pretty important and might be a bug. (I'm going to write it up soon, I hope.. it'll take a little while to make it clear for the devs. :¬) In summary: if the subproject sections don't start at a time that ends .000, weird little timing errors start creeping in. Or, it looks like they do, at least.

Anyway:

These two items are different sections of the same subproject. (The subproject is empty, it's just to demonstrate the concept.)
The item colours are done manually but note the green letters in each item: these are the region names in the subproject.

I use the section setting of the item properties to achieve this:

Note how the section is different for each "take area". Importantly: I have to enter these values manually. It would be much faster if I could just use the active take dropdown!

This is the subproject. The regions are there as a convenient visual aid only, they don't affect what is played.
(The colours are also just done manually atm.)
Attached Images
File Type: png 1.png (7.2 KB, 973 views)
File Type: png 2.png (20.9 KB, 1003 views)
File Type: png 3.png (21.1 KB, 1006 views)
File Type: png 4.png (4.7 KB, 994 views)
joe2 is offline   Reply With Quote